[ This is a re-post from our September Projector People Post Business Edition Newsletter ]
We’ve been talking a lot about new $999 entry level home theater projectors lately. But projection innovation is not limited to the home theater frontier. Business projectors now include more brightness for less cash, broader feature sets on entry level projectors, and a big trend towards adding affordable widescreen technology. Wider aspect ratios have been making their way, slowly but surely, into the world of business presentations, churches, schools, and other large venue applications. But what are the advantages of widescreen technologies for business? Is it time to convert for business too?
Why Go Wide?
As home televisions have been stretched to 16:9 resolution, viewers are becoming more and more used to the widescreen image. Back at work, the 4:3 image is starting to look a little square. But there are more reasons than familiarity to change your perspective. Here are just a few :
- Meatier messages – More words and characters bullet point
- More image in tight spaces – Particularly offices with 8-foot ceilings and 3-foot tables
- Waste less image space when used with widescreen laptops
- 4:3 images still work nicely in the 16:10 frame so older tools don’t have to be replaced
- Widescreen weekend – Crossover projecting for weekend HDTV projection fun
If any of these benefits appeal to you, then you will also be happy to know that your selection of 16:10 (and 16:9) products has been increasing, slowly but surely, each year. Price points have also been reduced as competition increases in the widescreen space.
Some Well-Priced Widescreen Business Projectors
- NEC NP500WS – $849* [ WXGA (1280 x 800), 2100 lumens, short-throw lens, 7.3 lbs. ]
- Sanyo PLC-WXE45 – $1395 [ WXGA (1280 x 800) resolution, 2000 lumens, 7.5 lbs. ]
- NEC NP3151W – $3,499* [ WXGA (1280 x 800) resolution, 4000 lumens, wireless capable ]
- Mitsubishi WL6700U – $7995** [ WXGA (1366 x 800 pixels) resolution, 5000 lumens ]
* Prices are after rebate.
** Additional discounts may apply.
Find more here with our Projector Finder tool!
As always, if you have more questions about 16:10 projectors, or any projectors, call us today