There are days when you really can’t call what we do here at Projector People “work.” Take last Friday for instance.
We spent all of Friday locked up in a conference room with the Epson MovieMate 85HD, Epson Home Cinema 8350 and the Epson Home Cinema 8700 UB. We popped the movie Avatar into a Sharp Blu-ray and used an HDMI splitter to feed the image to each projector. The display was shown on a gray wall.
To help customers make the best purchase decision, we asked Rodney Laney, our VP of Display Technology, to talk about each projector’s specs, strengths and weaknesses. Check out the video below.
All projectors were shot “out of the box”. We did not tweak the calibration settings.
Video time line:
- 0:00 – 0:29 – Introduction
- 0:30 – 2:42 – Epson MovieMate 85HD
- 2:44 – 3:41 – Epson Home Cinema 8350
- 3:44 – 4:44 – Epson Home Cinema 8700 UB
- 4:45 – 5:55 – Compare the three projectors’ contrast ratio with the lights off.
- 4:46 – Sigourney Weaver helps us turn off the lights.
- 5:56- END- How the projectors’ contrast ratio fairs in the dark vs. with the lights on.
PS – All of these projectors will be featured in our upcoming Parade of Savings sale, which runs Nov. 24 through Nov. 29.