What’s New in 1080p Projectors?
There is sure to be more to come next week at CEDIA, but Sanyo has announced a new product that is said to be an ‘entry level’ 1080p projector. What does entry-level mean? Typically it means that it will cost less, has a few less features, and may not have the latest and greatest chipset. So how does the PLV-Z700 spec up? Sanyo is reporting the following :
- 1200 lumens of brightness
- Built-in Full HD 1080p LCD panel (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- “Wide-Area” lens shift (100 degrees vertical and 50 degrees horizontal)
- 2X zoom for a 100-inch screen from 3-6 meters back
- Electronic sliding shutter door (for lens protection)
- Whisper quiet 21dB fan noise
- 2 HDMI and component video inputs
- Advanced color management (‘3d Color Management’ and ‘Advanced Image Mode’)
MSRP has been announced at $1999, which means it should hit the streets at a very competitive price point. The new 1080p projector is expected to be released in October of this year.
We haven’t seen one in person yet, so we can’t comment on the picture quality. But rest assured we will fire one up as soon as we get the chance and share our thoughts with you.
[ see Sanyo’s website for more details ]